Richard A. Mackey, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.
- General Surgery
- Medical School – University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Internship – Cleveland Clinic
- Residency, General Surgery – Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Fellowship, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery – Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- American Board of Surgery
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow (FACS)
- Top Doc by Baltimore Magazine in 2010, 2011, 2012
- Top Up and Coming Surgeons in 2013 by Washingtonian Magazine
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Surgical Oncology (other than Breast)
Dr. Mackey is a board certified surgeon specializing in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. He received his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and completed his residency training in general surgery, as well as his hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. His primary interests are benign and malignant diseases of the liver, pancreas, biliary system and
gastrointestinal tract. Dr. Mackey was named a “Top Doc” by Baltimore Magazine in 2010, 2011, and 2012 for Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. He was also named among the “Top Up and Coming Surgeons” in 2013 by Washingtonian Magazine.