Michael Peter GrantM.D. Request An Appointment
- Aesthetic And Cosmetic Opthalmic Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Opthalmic Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Michael P. Grant is chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. Dr. Grant specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid, orbital and facial surgery and is board-certified in both ophthalmology and plastic surgery. He also performs reconstruction after basal cell removal. He has lectured nationally on eyelid and facial cosmetic surgery, functional and cosmetic indications for Botox, as well as challenging problems in orbital reconstruction.
Dr. Grant is responsible for developing a regional program in reconstruction and builds relationships with the Department of Orthopedics in extremity reconstruction, as well as the facial transplant program at the University of Maryland Medical Center. He also serves as a mentor for the Department of Ophthalmology’s junior faculty.
Dr. Grant received his MD and PhD degrees from Case Western University School of Medicine and was elected into AOA, the national medical honor society, upon graduation. He then completed his ophthalmology residency training at the Wilmer Eye Institute, followed by a residency in plastic surgery in the combined Johns Hopkins/University of Maryland training program.
- UM St. Joseph Medical Center
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
- Member of UM Faculty Physicians, Inc.
- Medical School: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 1993
- Internship: Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, 1994
- Residency: Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins, 1997, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2000, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2002
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – Plastic Surgery, 2003
- American Board of Ophthalmology – Ophthalmology, 2000